PALAZZO MARINO - Piazza della Scala.
Office of the Mayor of Milan. The banker Tommaso Marino from Genoa began in 1557 with the construction of the grandiose palace that he wanted to give his young Venetian woman. But for the young beautiful Venetian Cornaro Ara the new home was a golden cage. After the bankruptcy of the Marino family, the palace was transferred to state ownership and served for public purposes. Since 1861 Palazzo Marino has been the seat of local government Palazzo Marino in Milan.