Opening Times in Milan
- Shopping in the fashion district of Milan
Milan is the capital of fashion and shopping where you find shops for all tastes and budgets, from cheaper ones to luxury brands.
The mainly shopping malls for clothing are particular in the main streets Corso Vittorio Emanuele, Via Torino, Corso di Porta Ticinese and Corso Buenos Aires and. Shops are normally open from Monday to Saturday with extraordinary openings also on Sundays.
The normal opening times for Milan (subject to change):
Mondays: 09:30 pm - 07.30 pm, some little shops are closed on Monday mornings
Tuesdays-Saturdays: 09:30 am - 07:30 pm
Some little shops have a lunch break from 12:30 pm -03:30 pm
The majority of shops still close on Sunday, but the shops in the center of Milan around the cathedral square are continuously open and more and more retail shops and department stores such as La Rinascente and Coin are open on Sundays.
Large stores such as La Rinascente or Coin are also open on Sundays with continuously hours. The opening hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Official holidays in Italy
On the following public holidays the shops in Milan are closed:
- New Year 1st January
- Epiphany 6th January
- Easter Sunday
- Liberation Day 25th April
- 1st May Labour Day
- Republic holiday 2nd June
- Assumption Day 15th August
- All Saints' Day 1st November
- St. Ambrose (Milan only) 7th December
- Immaculate Conception 8th December
- Christmas Day 25th and 26th of December.
The outlet centers are open on Sunday and holidays, except Easter Sunday, Assumption Day 15th August and Christmas Day 25th December.
- Summer and Winter Sales are guaranteed everywhere
- Summer Sales in Italy: Start of summer sale is always the first Saturday in the month of July
- Winter Sales: After the holidays (holy three kings) from the 7th in January
- In December, most shops are open on Sundays continuously.
Information are subject to change, the exact dates are fixed on short term and apply only to Milan and province. Each region defines the sales itself.