- Church San Giorgio al Palazzo
The church of San Giorgio al Palazzo in Piazza San Giorgio, right on Via Torino was founded in 750 by the Bishop Natale and has repeatedly changed their appearance throughout history. The front in the Baroque style dates from 1774.
According to legend, in ancient times was located the temple of Mercury and Apollo at this point before the first bishop of Milan in the second Century founded the first Christian church.
Fragments of mosaics from the Roman period have been preserved in the church.
Visits of San Giorgio al Palazzo
Chiesa San Giorgio al Palazzo
Via Torino / Piazza S. Giorgio, 2 (view on th map)
- 10.00-12.00 / 2.30 p.m. - 6.00 p.m.
- Sunday 3.00 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.